Acer laptop keyboards can be removed at any time. The entire keyboard is designed to be removed and replaced if it becomes damaged or nonfunctional in any way. As for a single Acer laptop key, this can easily be removed as well by the computer owner. This is good news since it means avoiding a hefty computer repair shop bill. First of all, you should be aware that you do not need to disassemble your Acer laptop in order to remove a single key. There is no “computer technician” knowledge or know-how required to replace an Acer key. Simply follow the steps below!
- Start by shutting down your Acer computer, and disconnecting the power cable. Now open the laptop computer in order to access the keyboard.
- Pinpoint the damaged or broken Acer key. Using a simple flathead screwdriver, insert the tip of the screwdriver beneath the corner of the Acer key. Proceed to gently pry the key upwards, and pop it off. A plastic key frame will remain in the key’s compartment.
- At this point, you need to use the screwdriver to carefully pry up the plastic frame in the key compartment, and pop it out.
- Now, take the small plastic frame, and situate it into the bottom of the new Acer key. Press it down firmly until it snaps into place.
- Lastly, position the new Acer key into the empty keyboard compartment, and press it down so that it snaps securely in place.