It's not often that I can write a blog post about GREAT customer service, instead of the opposite. For anyone who is ever interested in purchasing domain names or hosting, GoDaddy ROCKS! At least, this has been my ongoing experience.
I purchase a good number of domain names from time to time. I always mark the renewals as manual and not auto-renew. Why? Sometimes I decide I don't want to use or keep the domain name. Maybe I had an idea, and decided not to pursue it. Or maybe after a year or so, I just decide I don't want to keep the name.
I've only had to call GoDaddy maybe 3-4 times in several years. Every single call I've received exemplary Customer Support and Technical Support. I have purchased 100s of domains, and use their hosting service for Clients and two accounts of my own. I've rarely had any issue of any kind. But, when I do, I call, and the service is excellent.
This morning I noticed that my PayPal account was hit for 3 domain renewals, that I did not want. Somehow the manual-renewal switch got switched to auto-renewal -- but just on these 3 domain names. So, I really don't think it was done intentionally. And even if it was, it took 3-4 minutes to straighten it out. Yes, you heard me correctly, 3-4 minutes.
What I've noticed about GoDaddy's Customer Representatives: They never make you feel like you have to explain yourself, or put you on the defensive. They listen and they react in a positive manner. They are articulate, pleasant, and professional. Obviously, the Management of GoDaddy knows a thing or two about good Customer Support Training!So, it was time to call GoDaddy, and request a refund. Here are some of the highlights of the call:
- I was on hold for 1 minute.
- The young man introduced himself and asked for my Customer number and my pin.
- He asked what could he do for me today.
- I told him that 3 domains were renewed, that should not have renewed, and was requesting a refund.
- He said, "I apologize for this inconvenience.", and confirmed if it were the last 3 that just renewed. Then I ask him to make sure that all domain names were on manual-renewal.
- He said, your PayPal account has been credited, and all domain names are on manual renewal. Is there anything else I can do for you today?
- I said no, and told him how I appreciated their excellent Customer Support.
- He said "Thank you very much, and thank you for being a Customer of GoDaddy."
- End of call.
- PayPal already shows the refund!
If all Companies could offer this type of awesome service, wow, so much time and aggravation would be saved for so many customers. GREAT JOB GODADDY! My Customer Support Rep's name was Shaun, of the Billing Department. Thanks Shaun!