Thanksgiving Thanks: What Are You Thankful For? Post Yours for 25 Showcase Points!

Thanksgiving Thanks:
What Are You Thankful For?
Earn 25 Showcase Points for each post you make!

Instructions:
1. Under "Reply to This", Add what you are thankful for.

2. Click on "Add Reply" .

25 Points Earned!

I wish you Blessings, Happiness, Family and Friends Togetherness, and plenty of good Food, on this Thanksgiving!

Thank you for contributing. Good Luck Everyone!

Views: 772

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm thankful for being around such friendly people as yourselves & welcoming me into the community i'm also thankful for my friends & family too
Wow there are so many things I'm thankful for. I am thankful for life, health and strength, for being of soud mind. I am thankful for all my family and friends. I am thankful for the ability to type these words into this post. I am thankful for Ning. I am thankful for more than I could possibly post here, but this is a good start. Happy Thanksgiving to us all.
Thanks Suzie! I count you in on mine too!

Pet Lovers Paradise said:
Each year, I go down a long list of things that I am thankful for... family, friends, health, love, my pets, a roof over my head, a job.... and I am truly lucky that each year, that list seems to get longer and longer. This year, when I am counting all of my blessings, I am happy to say that I will also be counting you, Jen, and all of my wonderful online friends for making each day such a joy. I am also thankful that this is the second Thanksgiving that my little OzSee-dog will be walking to the dinner table. When he had his embolism and became paralyzed, I didn't think we'd be saying that, so I am ever so grateful and always quick to thank for that blessing.
I am thankful for my children and grandchildren, that they are healthy and happy and that I can enjoy their company.
Happy Thanksgiving!
I am thankful for my live and health and that of my husband. I am thankful for my friends... in the neighbourhood and far away.
I am living in a part of the world that doesn't has a special day for thinking about all they can be thankful for. I think it will be great if anyone will think about his blessings at least for one day a year.
I'm thankful for the internet and the ability that has given us to be able to make friends all over the world. We don't have Thanksgiving Day here in Australia, but to all my American friends, I wish you a wonderful happy and safe holiday.

Lindy
I had to share this with you all. I have an annual tradition at Thanksgiving of buying flowers and giving them out to anyone and everyone that had to work on a day that I did not have to work.
======================
Okay... the day is done and I have done my annual joy of passing out flowers to folks who least expect it, and I just had to share some of the comments I received. Gosh, what a wonderful feeling...

I bought 5 dozen flowers and I gave a flower out to each person at the grocery store, Blockbuster, the police department, the fire department, Wal-Mart, Boston Market, etc., etc. My favorite story came from Wal-Mart where I handed my flowers out to every store checker I could find. I then proceeded to buy a couple of goodies and had to go back out through the check out lines that I had just dropped several flowers at.... I stood in line with all of the other folks, and when I finally got to the front of the line, they gal that was serving me was just beaming. She was smiling so broadly at me and I finally said, "well, I'm sorry you had to work today, but I hope the flower I gave you helped to make your day a little happier."

The little gal burst into tears (and, of course, so did I). She said "You have no idea. I came to work today feeling so alone. Everyone else in my family was going to be able to celebrate together, and I had to be here. I was so depressed, and you changed all that."

I was so moved. How wonderful it is that the act of a single rose can move someone to tears. No matter how small the act, giving a smile to someone is the cheapest, most rewarding gift that we can give.

My sister called me today from Florida to tell me that she was carrying on the Suzie tradition in Florida. She had bought a dozen roses and was passing them around to various spots in her community. What a great feeling that was for me to know that my sister was experiencing the joy that I had been having in the past. How wonderful that such a small, random act of kindness made such a difference to not only the recipient, but to the giver as well.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope you and yours had an incredible day. I know that I did.
What a wonderful story and acts of kindness! Thanks for sharing Suzie. I have a little tradition too. Each year I take a huge plate of food with all the trimmings, sweets, utensils and everything, to either someone homeless or a shut-in (usually someone elderly). I'm so thankful that I can do this for someone at Thanksgiving.

But, your flower surprise is one I've never heard of anyone doing, Suzie. What a great idea, especially for people who have to work today. So nice of you to have added such a kind act, to so many people's day.

Pet Lovers Paradise said:
I had to share this with you all. I have an annual tradition at Thanksgiving of buying flowers and giving them out to anyone and everyone that had to work on a day that I did not have to work.
======================
Okay... the day is done and I have done my annual joy of passing out flowers to folks who least expect it, and I just had to share some of the comments I received. Gosh, what a wonderful feeling...

I bought 5 dozen flowers and I gave a flower out to each person at the grocery store, Blockbuster, the police department, the fire department, Wal-Mart, Boston Market, etc., etc. My favorite story came from Wal-Mart where I handed my flowers
Thank you Lindy! What a thoughtful well-wishing, especially when you don't celebrate Thanksgiving! It is wonderful, making friends from all over the World!
Best to you!
TeamCircle said:
I'm thankful for the internet and the ability that has given us to be able to make friends all over the world. We don't have Thanksgiving Day here in Australia, but to all my American friends, I wish you a wonderful happy and safe holiday.

Lindy
I am thankful for my children & family.
I am also thankful for my friends, health & everyday that goes by.
I am very thankful for all my new friends online

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by JenSocial.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Home
VIP Ning Tips