How Will Ning's Move, To Phase Out Free Networks, Effect You?

I think it would be interesting to hear, how will Ning's decision to "phase out free networks", effect you?

Please be respectful of our readers, and each other. But, do feel free to tell your story.

Maybe some of the stories will bring Network Creators together, and some partnerships can be formed.

Or maybe someone has a way to help a fellow Creator, even if just a small gesture.

Sincerely,
Jen

Views: 733

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use webs just for a static website but not for a dynamic social network. The forum is a little cumbersome to use until you get the flow of it. However, I have been pretty happy with what I have for the time being with my static site.
Most sensible.Thumbs Up.
Excellent point. Grandfather in the sites that helped build the NING network and start forcing the premium services policy only on new sites.

Or, maybe even limit the capabilities of new free NING sites so that whatever the costs are that Ning is having trouble covering are reduced so they can be supported by the advertising.
YES, I AGREED.

"I feel that if they want to do this it is fine from here on out, but I do not think that they should disable the existing networks that have already been established."
Mjh: I totally agree with what you are saying above here. I am totally appalled that Ning is threatening to shut down networks that we have already created and that they have more or less given us a guarantee that we can keep under certain stipulations that you have outlined above. How can they go against this?

I have 2 ning sites... I am so upset about losing them like this.. and I put allot of effort in putting them together.

Charmaine Jensen Voisine
A few quick thoughts:

1. I think Ning will be able to weather the storm... REMEMBER: other platforms have done things to aggravate their bases: Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, Blogspot, Digg, Ecademy, Yahoo, etc....they're still here after end user uproars. Deep down, I think it may be helpful for the Ning premium site owners....

2. Of the 10 Ning networks I created, I'm conflating all of them into one Ning site which was already a premium-based site on Ning: http://MyLinkingPowerForum.ning.com (I'm making the other Ning sites into subgroups on My Linking Power Forum) Since it's a professional networking site with members from all around the world, I'm happy to have only one site to focus on...

Please remember: "This, too, shall pass" So, Keep STRONG, Guys!
Good points...and nice ending of encouragement.
Agreed, Vincent. I just hope the revised premium pricing structure will be affordable. I guess we'll find out on May 5th.
My pleasure Ayanna. Wow, you are in a dilemma. Too bad Ning's CSS is so specific/unique. But, that's fairly true of any website CSS. Keep us posted.
Best,
Jen
If we stay up, maybe you can join our site as a group? I have my groups set up in a way that they can use all the features:) Let me say I also have a NING-based network that you would probably be better on, if I can save it.
I just signed the petition. I have 4 sites. 3 will definitely have to go and I don't know if I can save Disabilities And Animals
Dear T & Mr. Hey U,
You know I can't stand to hear that Disabilities and Animals may not make it. Have you considered starting to move it over to another platform? I am certain, your members would follow you in a minute. Please keep me posted. I think you know, I have a pet site that I try to keep from being known as powered by Ning due to competition, etc... But, I would do anything for you I can, your own special Groups, special tab, or whatever. Send me a private message if you ever need that offer. But I totally believe you could move it all over, and your members would run to join you again.
Best,
Jen

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by JenSocial.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Home
VIP Ning Tips