How Will Ning's Move, To Phase Out Free Networks, Effect You?

I think it would be interesting to hear, how will Ning's decision to "phase out free networks", effect you?

Please be respectful of our readers, and each other. But, do feel free to tell your story.

Maybe some of the stories will bring Network Creators together, and some partnerships can be formed.

Or maybe someone has a way to help a fellow Creator, even if just a small gesture.

Sincerely,
Jen

Views: 733

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It may not be important to you but to them it is, to some its to do with trust agree its a small amount of dollars. But when you have 9 or so sites those dollars build up.

Well sound like you got money to fling around your luck like me, but we have to think of those that don't. They are only saying give me because some says it free then says its not any more and they feel very let down. Then they have to give if they want to stay the alternative if they have lost trust is to build sites else where.

They are asking ning to regain there trust and to be fair. Me when I have lost trust I don't deal with the company no more.

Now I would add some thing wise in my opinion, no they would be better to do the same as me and rebuild the sites else where. Companies such as ning are not worthy of raising funds to afford to stay with. Yep no whining please move on and pray that ning goes bust. Amen
LOL! You're missing the point.

You are not helpful to yourself, Ning and creators. You're wasting your valuable times.

What was the last book you read?
"(...) What was the last book you read? (...)"

"The Paleolithic Societies of Europe" by Clive Gamble. Astonishing how such an interesting subject can be written about in such an utterly boring way (raises eyebrows in flabbergasted disgust).

It took me weeks to wrestle my way through its 505 pages - occasionally interrupted by the joyful reading of "Making Money" by Terry Pratchett. Great fun, those "DiscWorld" books!

Right now I'm reading (actually re-reading) "Een stamboom in been" by Dr. B.K.S. Dijkstra: physical antropology and archeology about a bunch of ancestral stiffs. Funny (peculiar) how some idiosycrasies like unusually small frontal sinuses are still "in the family" after all those years.

And you?

Be well!

Jaap Verduijn.
Hah l can google a few books too.
Jaap,
Please...I believe in freedom of speech. And if anyone LOVES a good debate, I do. However, your debate content is off topic to this discussion. Your dialogue would be more beneficial in this discussion:
http://theningdirectory.ning.com/profiles/blogs/ning-phasing-out-fr...

Regardless to right, wrong, or indifferent - - the whole purpose of this particular discussion is "How Will the Move Effect You?" - - not a debate on contractual agreements, the Ning TOS, how Network Creators understand or do not understand, etc... I kindly ask you to keep this on-topic.

I do believe you have gotten your point across, no?

I see both sides of this. I would like for this discussion to remain a place where members can feel comfortable to relay how this effects them, period.

Thank you for understanding,
Jen

P.S. Although you have ruffled a few feathers (which I don't have a problem with, within reason), it's the off topic thing - - on the flip side, I do find your debates interesting, no doubt about it.
"(...) Hah l can google a few books too (...)"

I'm sure you can, Ivan-sama, but that wasn't what Hot4hire asked about. If all you do with books is google for them, you're missing out on a lot of things.

However, if you like to google, by all means do a search for Jaap Verduyn (mind the "y" - that's how I wrote my name until the 1990's). Most of my stuff is published in Dutch, but some of it got translated into English, German, and something that looks and probably sounds like the Swedish Chef.

Be and google well!

Jaap Verduijn.
Hi Jen!

Fair enough, no sweat.

Be well!

Jaap Verduijn.
I read comics, lol and still have a very high IQ. get the drift. lol
This is easily one of the most single horrific decisions any company could have ever made, not only from a business standpoint, but a customer relations standpoint. First of all network creators should be given at least 9 months to get their information together if they want to migrate. Second of all having most people find out through sites like Cnet, and YouTube is horrible public relations. Third of all, forcing everyone to go premium, instead of having all new sites just become premium is simply showing that these people do not give a damn about the people who have made them successful in the first place.

With that said, we saw something like this coming with some of the things Ning has been doing over the last couple of years, starting off with letting the WidgetLaboratory guy go (by the way he is with SocialGo and uses Wordpress on a hosted site). I may keep one Ning network premium, but the majority of our information is being migrated to a hosted site using Wordpress, and we are using SocialGo as a forum. I am testing out Wackwall as we speak. We would have used Dolphin, but upgrading to version 7, just seemed a bit too tedious for us.
Yeah but most of the people who have free sites here don't have a clue on how to transfer the information. myself included really.
Hi Taxi,
This site will be for all Network Creators, regardless of platform. Also, for all owners whether owner of a group or a social network.

And, if you do not fit any of the above, of course you are welcome to stay. ;-)

Best,
Jen
good metamorphosis 'social network directory' :-)

face with a crisis, either one breaks down or breaks through...

looks like social network directory is breaking through...:-) kudos...

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by JenSocial.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Home
VIP Ning Tips