The Texas Longhorns will visit the UCLA Bruins in a rematch of last year's upset loss in the third week of the 2011 college football season. It has been a slow start for both team this season. After defeating Rice convincingly, the Longhorns struggled at home versus BYU. The Bruins, on the other hand, were defeated on the road by Houston, an inferior and non-BCS team, but were able to bounce back to defeat San Jose State at home.
In his fourth season as head coach of the Bruins, Rick Neuheisel finds himself on the hot seat
. Many analysts and commentators believe this is a must win for the coach if he would like to keep his job. Personally, I do not think it matters if he wins this game or not, this is probably his last season for the Bruins.
Stat Comparison of Both Teams
- Rushing Offense - ranked 34; 197.50 rushing yards per game
- Passing Offense - ranked 82; 200.00 passing yards per game
- Total Offense - ranked 60; 397.50 total yards per game
- Scoring Offense - ranked 75; 25.50 points per game
- Rushing Defense - ranked 31; 86.50 rushing yards given up per game
- Pass Defense - ranked 19; 143.00 passing yards given up per game
- Total Defense - ranked 15; 229.50 total yards given up per game
- Scoring Defense - ranked 20; 12.50 points given up per game
- Rushing Offense - ranked 16; 252.00 rushing yards per game
- Passing Offense - ranked 53; 233.50 passing yards per game
- Total Offense - ranked 22; 485.50 total yards per game
- Scoring Offense - ranked 63; 30.50 points per game
- Rushing Defense - ranked 88; 180.50 rushing yards given up per game
- Pass Defense - ranked 61; 212.50 passing yards given up per game
- Total Defense - ranked 78; 393.00 total yards given up per game
- Scoring Defense - ranked 73; 27.50 points given up per game
Even though UCLA hosts Texas at home, I don't think they can get the win for the PAC 12. The Longhorns are not as good as they have been in previous seasons, but they have enough weapons on offense and defense to get the job done against the Bruins. I expect to see the Longhorns run the ball a lot on the Bruins defense which has given up 180.50 rushing yards per game to inferior opponents. Texas will probably have over 250 yards rushing in this game.
Last year the Bruins were able to upset the Longhorns in their house, and this year they will return the favor. Texas is a 3.5 favorite, and I expect......
To continue reading this blog, to vote on the poll, and to join the debate, please visit WhosRight.com by clicking the link below!