After two devastating losses, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish got its first win versus theMichigan State Spartans, and they hope to make it two in a row when they travel to Pittsburgh, PA to take on the Pittsburgh Panthers. The Irish can break even for the season with a win over the Panthers.
The Fighting Irish has had a grueling season thus far losing to both the South Florida Bulls
and the Michigan Wolverines
. In both games, the Irish beat themselves with multiple turnovers. Otherwise, they looked really good on both offense and defense, and they showed it in week three defeating the Spartans 30 to 13. Tommy Rees
has become the full time starter, and the Irish offense seems to just click better with him under center.Michael Floyd
is having an All American season, and needs to continue against the Panthers. Flloyd already has 397 yards on 31 pass receptions for two touchdowns.
Pittsburgh began the season with two wins, but lost in week three against the Iowa Hawkeyes 31 to 27. The Panthers will be looking to bounce back in week four. Running back Ray Graham
is the center of the Pitt offense having already gained 419 yards on 79 carries for six touchdowns. Graham needs to come up big against the Irish for Pitt to have a chance.
Stat Comparison for both teams
- Rushing Offense - ranked 70; 143.00 rushing yards per game
- Passing Offense - ranked 27; 289.00 passing yards per game
- Total Offense - ranked 37; 432.00 total yards per game
- Scoring Offense - ranked 69; 27.33 points per game
- Rushing Defense - ranked 30; 89.67 rushing yards given up per game
- Pass Defense - ranked 97; 265.00 passing yards given up per game
- Total Defense - ranked 58; 354.67 total yards given up per game
- Scoring Defense - ranked 63; 23.67 points given up per game
- Rushing Offense - ranked 59; 164.00 rushing yards per game
- Passing Offense - ranked 52; 240.33 passing yards per game
- Total Offense - ranked 63; 404.33 total yards per game
- Scoring Offense - ranked 55; 32.33 points per game
- Rushing Defense - ranked 23; 80.00 rushing yards given up per game
- Pass Defense - ranked 119; 336.33 passing yards given up per game
- Total Defense - ranked 96; 416.33 total yards given up per game
- Scoring Defense - ranked 70; 32.33 points given up per game
Notre Dame is favored by seven even though they have to play in Pitt's house, and I think they are going to crush the Panthers. The Irish's record....
To finish reading this article, to vote in the poll and leave a comment, please visit WhosRight.com by clicking the link below!