Summary: When you purchase a hotel stay at one of the many hotels and locations on the LGN Travel listed, you will receive two free round-trip airfares to and from that location, but it’s very import to know how to get the best hotel at the best price.
To take advantage of what is undoubtedly the best airline tickets available, (since they are free); there are two things you need to know. First, departures are offered year round from most U.S. airports based on airline and hotel availability, as well as specific flights and dates of travel. You will have your choice of multiple destinations throughout the USA, as well as Hawaii and certain locations in Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. This will be limited during peak seasons and certain holidays.
The second thing to know is that while the air travel is free, you are responsible for all hotel charges and any charges in excess of the LGN package, such as various fees and surcharges. For this reason, it is very import to know how to get the best hotel at the best price. This applies whether you take advantage of this LGN package or not. Either way, it is assumed that people who are looking for package deals or discounts may have an expense account with a limited amount or are on a budget. The following are some tips that might be helpful in making your choice of hotels.
1. Hotel Ratings: The initial step in choosing a hotel is to make a list of hotels that are in the area you plan to visit. Then find out about each one. There are several ways to do this. One method is to simply ask someone who’s been there. Another way is to do an online search for guest ratings. While on line, you can also read reviews by former guest. In addition you could call the Tourist Bureau or Chamber of Commerce in the city you plan to visit. They can provide very helpful information, as well as giving recommendations of good hotels and good prices.
2. Facilities: Once you have narrowed down your choice of hotels to something manageable, the next thing to consider is what kind of facilities they have. Some considerations might be good concierge services, shuttle services, good laundry services, indoor or outdoor swimming pool, Internet connections, onsite restaurants, gym facilities and whatever else might persuade you one way or another. To determine if the hotel has the facilities that meet your needs, again you can again go online, or just simply call some of the hotels on your list and ask them about the type of amenities they have.
3. Location: Now that you have narrowed down your choice of hotels even more based on facilities, the next step is to decide upon a location in the area that you plan to visit. Some of the factors to consider are access to amenities, such as restaurants, shopping areas, laundry facilities and proximity to attractions you plan to visit. In addition, if you don’t have access to a car, it would be a good idea to choose a hotel that is in walking distance from some of the amenities as noted above. It would also be worth your while to do a background check of the area, because you would definitely want to stay clear of rough neighborhoods.
4. Transportation and Parking You need to find out if the hotel has shuttle services to and from the airport, or to and from other locations of interest. If they don’t have this service, find out how much you can except to pay for public transportation. If you’re going to rent a car upon your arrival, check out what rental companies are available and what is their cost, as well as what kind of parking facilities does the hotel offer?
5. Hotel Rates By now you’ve probably narrowed down you choices to a couple of hotels. However, for those of you who are on a budget, which is most of us, probably the most important consideration is the price of the hotel. Making a finally decision on which hotel to choose, becomes a balancing act between amenities and cost. If they are all too expensive for you budget, you then have at least two choices. One, you can revise your list. You might ask yourself, “Do I really need this or that particular amenity.” Just because a hotel doesn’t have valet parking, for example, doesn’t mean that it is not a warm and comfortable place to stay.
On the other hand, maybe you can still have the facility of your choice, by checking into the availability of discounts. Members of AAA get discounts. Sometimes Military people or veterans can get discounts, as well as senior citizens. Also, sometimes credit card companies offer discount rates for cardholders to certain hotels or you may be able to get hotel discounts through frequent flyer points. In addition, there are hotel coupon books, in which you can get discount coupons for certain hotels or hotel chains. However, probably the best way to get a discount is to travel during off-season or non-peak days, such as weekdays.
6. Booking It is always a good idea to book you flight and hotel in advance. Sometimes you are required to book as much as 60 days ahead of time. If you are going to use the LGN Travel services, they can tell you how far in advance you need to book, but usually by booking in advance you will be able to get a better room rate, than if you wait until the last minute. If you’re going to stay at a chain hotel, you can often get a better rate by booking in advance online. This may also be possible with some non-chains. Just Google them and see what they have to offer.
The bottom line is, if you take the time to do your research, you will be able to find a great hotel at a reasonable price that still offers the services you need.
It appears that the best airline tickets are indeed free. Go to our Vacation Blog for more information and to learn how to access this vacation/travel package or feel free to call Ed or Nancy Vacin at 918-955-8978 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.