Jen I screwed up. I have New Ning Design using A1. I had got the code from you before and it widen my right column so all my 300 x 250 ads fit. Been working for over 8 months now.

I went to design and had to get out of developer mode so I could change my new header.

Header was successfully changed, I went back into developer mode and "you guessed it" my code is gone. My right column is narrow again.

Please can you help me widen my right column again? A1 Layout.  

I know it works because it has worked all this time .... until I screwed up.

Views: 381

Replies to This Discussion

If you got the code from me, I'm surprised. The Design Studio is completely different than the old Editor, where widening was more possible. I shy away from any widening of columns on Ning, due to the domino effect. Did you not save your code? I tried to locate a cached version of your site on Google, and unfortunately it has the newest code. I couldn't tell you what to change quickly, and don't take on these projects for pay. Inevitably if I get involved in widening, I receive numerous after the fact complaints. It takes too many tweaks.

Sorry, really wish I could help. Suggestion: Go back to a 2 Column layout, and then you're in business.

Best Regards,

Jen

I have noticed that a fellow on Creators seems to enjoy fiddling with the column widths. Maybe he could help out?

http://creators.ning.com/profile/GeorgeHComptonIV

Best of luck with this,

Jen

Jen it's fixed and yes you are the one that gave me this code to tweak it and it still works. Jen if you want you can add this to  your list. I know for a fact it works on New Design Studio 3 Column A1.

Hey Emmanuel Ace that pointed me in the right direction. It pulled my old code up but with old logo. So what I did was take my time and copied my old css code that was correct and the new css code and read line by line until I found out the difference. I then copied parts of the old code into the new css and it worked ...

Here is the code to share with everyone else if you are using 3 column A1 with the far right hand column being widen to use 300 x 250 Ad Code ...

/* THEME EXTRA
* Add your additional CSS below. Also consider setting the following:
* -Default sizes for h1, h2, etc.
* -Default list styles
* -Etc
* Remember that #xg_body must have an inner width of 982px.
* Note that you can use the LESS variables you set above to tie styles of various elements to
* match the theme.
*/

.xg_theme #xg_masthead {margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;}

.xg_theme h1#xg_sitename {
margin:0;
font-style:italic;
}

.xg_theme p#xg_sitedesc {
float:right;
position:absolute;
right:0;
bottom:18px;
}

.xg_theme #xg_navigation {
width:982px;
padding:12px 20px;
margin:0 auto;
}

.xg_theme #xg_navigation ul {
}

.xg_theme #xg_navigation li {
float:left;
text-transform:uppercase;
margin-right:20px;
}

.xg_theme #xg_navigation li.this a {
color:@ning-navigation-a-hover-color;
}

.xg_theme #xg {
width:1022px;
margin-top:-20px;
}

.xg_theme #xg_body {
padding:10px 10px 0;
}

.xg_theme .xg_module {
margin-bottom:15px;
}

.xg_theme .xg_module_head h2 {
text-transform:uppercase;
}

.xg_theme #xg_foot {
padding:10px 0;
}

.xg_theme #xg_foot a {
color:#FFF;
}
.xg_theme .xj_ad_below_header {
padding:10px 10px 20px;
margin: 0 auto;
background:@ning-main-content-background-color @ning-main-content-background-image @ning-main-content-background-repeat scroll 0 0;
margin-top:-20px;
}

.xg_theme #xg {
margin: -20px auto 0;
width: 1125px;
}

#xg_body, .xg_theme .xj_ad_below_header, .xg_theme #xg_masthead {
width: 1105px;
}

.xg_span-5.xg_last {
width: 350px;
}

.xg_theme #xg_navigation {
width: 1085px;
}

.xg_module_body { 
overflow: visible !important; 
}

Thanks! Hanging my head low, lol. Seriously, cannot believe I didn't think of that, but I didn't. Emmanuel did great!!!!!!!!!!!!

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by JenSocial.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Home
VIP Ning Tips