Just read the creators post about Ning and no-follow links.  I was under the impression that by default, Ning was no-follow.  The post would imply otherwise.  Anyone know the straight poop?

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can you link to that thread?  I think the default is follow, if I understand what you're talking about.

This is in regards to rel=follow and rel=nofollow

From wikipedia:

nofollow is a value that can be assigned to the rel attribute of an HTML a element to instruct some search engines that a hyperlink should not influence the link target's ranking in the search engine's index. It is intended to reduce the effectiveness of certain types of search engine spam, thereby improving the quality of search engine results and preventing spamdexing from occurring.

=)

Correct. All links you add to a Ning site are automatically rel=nofollow. Which I complained very loudly when this was implemented? Why? Because on my site I wanted good sites to be able to enjoy a follow link. However on the flip side, the default nofollow prevents spammers from dropping links with a purpose. I'm pretty sure this will never change. It is nofollow, and this cannot be changed.

Best Regards,

Jen

Ahhh, that would confuse the issue. I'm not sure if a member could force a rel=follow on their page or in a discussion via the HTML, etc...I've never tried.

To you too, and nice to hear from you!

Best Regards,

Jen

The Networking Fool,

If you are receiving follows in your email for this discussion, I did not just say "ahhh", LOL. I had to retype my last reply. The goofy editor didn't save my original response.

Best,

Jen

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by JenSocial.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Home
VIP Ning Tips