If you are using or experimenting with Ning 3.0, and need help on small tweaks, add them here. Or, if you would like to share tweaks, we'd love to hear them. Please keep this discussion for simple tweaks. If you want to add a Ning 3.0 Tip, feel free to create new Discussion.

Views: 2105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Muchos Gracias Jen!

I'll let you know what happens!

*running to correct it* zzzzzzzzzzzZoom!!!!!

IT WORKED!

You are my FAVORITE person Jen!!! Hugs to infinity and beyond!

I looked at the CSS specifically for 135px but it was nowhere to be found (for my eyes anyway)...

What do I need to see what YOU see Jen?

Love Love LOVE your generous spirit!!!! Gonna join VIP's when I master the basics!

Gratefully,

Edie

Awesome!

The 135px was in the base template CSS. I use a tool called Firebug, only works with FireFox. It takes a while to master, but couldn't do without it. Google Firebug Tutorials and see what you think.

Will do! Firebug sounds exciting. I use Firefox exclusively anyway.

I'll let you know what I think about it. Stay tuned.

It is exciting. I've been using it since it was introduced, quite a few years back. I couldn't write the CSS and design sites without it - - well, not as efficiently.

I tweaked it and you are right. My favorite 25px only allowed for one sub-tab, so I distributed the sub-tabs to one per main tab...LOL! I am LOVING it!!!!! Thanks again Jen!

Edie, My pleasure, happy it helped. =)

I hope this question isn't redundant. If it is, just point me to the discussion please.

How do I put modules on the pages like in 2.0? Do I just re-create them via content boxes?

I want to put an rss module in but not sure how. Can I insert modules in CSS area?

My brain is going faster than my body with excitement. I feel like a cartoon! LOL!

Thanks Jen!

Edie,

I think you will find this tip quite helpful:

http://jensocial.com/forum/topics/how-to-create-custom-page-and-mak...

Best,

Jen

Hi I am wondering if there is a way to do three things: 

Blue - One is, is there a way to change the color of the brown ning bar to the green of the background and add a border to the bottom of it?

Orange - is there a way to enlarge the header or something to where the bottom doesn't overlap the green flower thing in my header area

Green - Is there a way to add a background color and border to the navigation?

Thanks Jen for your help...hope you have a good week!

Oh and how the heck do you change the color of the subtabs?...I'm willing to pay if need be, I know I am asking a lot of questions!

For total control of your Menu Navigation, it can take a lot of code for any website. So, I wrote it all for your site colors, and you can tweak. Hopefully this will help many other NCs as well. =)

Ning Menu Navigation CSS:

/* Move the Entire MenuBar */
nav.navbar ul {
margin-top:15px;
margin-left:20px;
}
/* Active Menu Tab */
.navbar > ul > li.active {
background: #333333;
}
.navbar > ul > li.active a {
color:#ffffff;