If you are using or experimenting with Ning 3.0, and need help on small tweaks, add them here. Or, if you would like to share tweaks, we'd love to hear them. Please keep this discussion for simple tweaks. If you want to add a Ning 3.0 Tip, feel free to create new Discussion.

Views: 2105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Jen, I would like to have a picture for my footer 420 high by auto

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure what you're requesting. If this is a custom job, can you send me a private email?

Thanks,

Jen

Gotcha. Give this a try. I used Ning's image for the example code:

footer {
     backgroundurl("https://www.ning.com/wp-content/themes/ning/images/footer.jpg") repeat scroll 0 0 transparent!important;
    height420px;
    width100%;
}

interesting how they are using Wordpress to hold their content, eh?

Yeah. =) I guess they consider it the best for publishing, and Ning best for Community. But I agree. It does make one pause.

Take care,

Jen

Hi Jen, i wouldn't exactly call it a custom job i just want to display a picture of my choice in the footer like Ning 3, i have the picture uploaded to file manager just need a few lines of css to implement this.

example below ... i don't need any of the links in this example natually .

Thanks Jen for your speedy reply , will let you know :)

Thanks Again.

It seemed to be off the bottom by about 195px i added 

margin-top: 10%;

and it seemed to be fine, it's on the bottom.

Thanks for your help Jen :)

My pleasure, happy it worked out.

=)

Hello Jen!

I am having fun in 3.0 but all of my layouts except for the Main Page are low on the page. Can you help me with CSS to make the layout higher on the screen? It looks off. Thanks In Advance!

My 3.0 Sandbox (this is one of 10 pages) Most are sub-tabs under E.FM

Edie

Hi Edie,

It's the height of your header. And, I'm not sure if you're ever showing it. So, afraid to say just hide it. I think I would start by adjusting the height. Currently it is:

header {
       height135px;
}
Try following in Custom CSS:
header {
      height: 35px!important;
}
Best,
Jen

Update:

You better try:

header{