New Ning Dashboard (Manage Panel) - What Are Your Thoughts?

First, let me announce: I've added a new Forum Category called "Join The Conversation". This Category will be used for Forum Discussions that may lead to heated discussion and debate. Now there are two Admin Categories on JenSocial Forums - - one for Announcements and one for Conversation. Naturally I have made the Announcements Category for Admin only. And, for now I have set the Join the Conversation for Admin. only. If you think I should open it to all, I will be happy to change it. Just let me know.

So tell me, what do you think about the new Ning Dashboard (Manage Panel)? I've been trying to use it all day, and as much as I hate to complain, I don't like it, at all. Like I've already stated on Ning's Creator site, maybe I'm just set in my ways. Is it that I use the dashboard so much that the new orientation (side links) has me all off-balance? It really throws me.

This is what I just wrote on Creators in this Discussion:
Sorry Ning. The new manage panel is maddening. It took me 10 minutes to find out how to add a new Category to a Forum - - good grief. And, it may not be that far off from the old. But since the orientation is totally different, it is completely discombobulating - - for me at least.

I hope you all hear me. I'm the kind of person who can catch on quickly, and don't mind change for the most part. If I'm confused, not good.

For anyone who needs to add a Forum Category: Manage/Settings/Features/Forum

I'm trying to decipher if the links are the same. Are they? If so, I'll just go by URL, instead of this panel.

I've been designing software for 20+ years. I just don't get this. Why go from a lovely Web2.0 look with easy icons, to a "smushed" up side panel with old fashioned links that you have to drill down over and over to get to where you want to go?

Best Regards,
Jen

UPDATE - GREAT NEWS!
Ning has made the statement that they are working on giving us an option to use the old Manage Panel!

What are your thoughts? Join the Conversation!

Views: 425

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Things are nicer now. And we still have you to help us and be our mouth to the big boys and put them on track. Thanks.
Yippee! Thank you for the good news! :)
Love. love the icons Thanks goodness ning listens to us the creators

Jen Social is packing punch where needed.

10/10 for Jen's Social

hi

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by JenSocial.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Home
VIP Ning Tips