Well, the big day approaches - - the new Ning! On July 20th, 2010 Ning will implement the new Ning, and enable access for Ning Network Creators to select the premium plan of their choice. There will be approximately 30 days to make a plan decision, or to migrate.

According to the beta testers I've heard from, the biggest changes we will see are as follows (applies to Premium and Pro Plans):

• Increased Text Boxes on home page (25, currently 3)
  • Increased RSS Feeds on home page (25, currently 1)
  • Increased characters in Advanced CSS (up to 100,000 characters of CSS, current limit is 15,000) 
  • Increased characters in Analytics Box (up to 20,000 characters of JavaScript or HTML code, current limit is 2,000)
  • Some Member Statistics - According to Thunder X (of The Kingdomz X), "you can view all of the activity on your network as regards content and membership: which members are most active, which blogs, videos, etc are the most popular, etc. there is also a sort of ning analytics which is intuitive and responds to mouse-overs, providing stats for varying dates." See discussion on Creators, here.
  • Ning ID is gone. You can finally brand your Ning Network as your own!
  • Increase of menu tabs from 14 up to 50.

Planned Downtime:

See original announcement on Ning Creators Network - The launch of Ning Mini, Ning Plus and Ning Pro on July 20th involves a significant update to our code base.

As a result, we will need to take the Ning Platform down for maintenance beginning at:

• 9 a.m. Pacific Time on July 20th (4:00 p.m. GMT).
  • 11 a.m. Central US Time
  • 12 p.m. Eastern US Time
  • Go to here for your local time conversion. I have entered the "fixed" time of 9 a.m. US Pacific Time - -  based on Ning's location. It should automatically display an Area in the World you recognize.

The maintenance may take up to two hours, after which Network Creators will be able to purchase the new plans and begin enjoying new features. Due to the nature of the maintenance, we may not be able to display individually branded maintenance pages. Networks will likely show a simple unbranded error message.

We apologize for the timing of this maintenance window. We scheduled it at this time for two important reasons. First, so we can tress-test the new code with full daytime traffic volume during the maintenance period. Second, we want to have every Ning engineer, product manager, and advocate on hand during the maintenance period and post-launch. Taking Ning Networks down is something we hate to do, but is critical in this important transition. We are committed to making the move to the new pricing plans as smooth as possible for you and your members.

Ongoing updates regarding this maintenance will be available on the Ning Status Blog.

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jen Yes looking forward to see what they have ...I did like socialgo and some of the site control features-(I think some of those guys were on ning before)
Anyway after they finish tomorrow it should be interesting to see what features they are unrolling.
I really do not want to have to migrate somewhere else.[energy-time-etc] so I hope for the best..
It is great to have NING communicating with Network creators and helping to guide us through this transition. Is this a sample of what we will expect to see? I feel like I'm in the dark about the new updated capabilities.
Hi Debby,
Just want to make sure you know (and you may know this already), I don't work for Ning. JenSocial is not endorsed by Ning, except that this site is a Ning powered site. I offer a lot of Ning Tips, News, Support - - and Social Networking tips and news for multiple platforms.

You might like to visit some Ning owned sites. They communicate pretty well these days via 2 sites:
http://creators.ning.com/
http://blog.ning.com/

I just try to report the news I can, in case a Ning Network Creator missed something important.

Best Regards,
Jen
Please teach us about improved CHAT ROOM facility for NING. It's been unwieldy not to be able to copy and save sessions.
I must admit that the closer to time for the changes to be implemented, the more anxious and nervous I get about it. I am planning on keeping two of my networks on here, and have already moved the rest to Social Parody. I am really curious how long it will take for them to come back on line, and if there are any further changes with the ways we might make at least enough money to help us keep them up and running. The CafePress seems to be a bust for a lot of us because the only sales I have seen on my CafePress shops were the two I made. I bought two Items to see how the merchandise would be. I would love to be able to make a go of it.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by JenSocial.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Home
VIP Ning Tips