How To Theme Groups:

I'd like to share with you all with this tip.

Example is  here. I changed only background in group.

And so:

1. You will need program: Notepad.
2. Create new file. Add all your layout code to new file.
3. Save as:  title.css. Remember !!! File must be .css.
4. Now you must host your file. Host it for example to comment box - don't save it, only copy the url file.
5. Edit text box in group.
6. Put this code:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="title.css"></link>

Replace title.css with url code your hosted file.

7. Save.

Have fun with layouts.

PS. Sorry for my English. I hope you understand everything ;)

Views: 1507

Replies to This Discussion

My great goodness I did it...a little tweaking and my group looks great! and I love it....thanks for the tip! Jen thanks for your help! Can you hear me giggling!

Thanks!! This was exactly what I needed :)

Hi Jen, Okay so I'm pulling my hair out on this - plz take a look at this code to customize my group:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://api.ning.com/files/NAIIhm0Y7ES8w-WkTv4lUFsGTRRzZzNsjPGsAEEpM..." ></link>

I'm adding this to the text box in the group and I'm having no luck - what am I doing wrong?? Thanx!

hi there i am new here kindly i need a little more explaination. Do we need any specific code for group? bcz i had tried .css theme in my profile and it successfully worked so i know that concept but where can i find some graphical code for group theme? can you help me in this regard? thanks in advance for that post

I'm not sure if one of my network settings are off - I need help with this... I've tried customizing groups in two different networks and it's not working for me... I'm thinking I'm not doing something right - plz let me know if anyone has any ideas - thanxxxx! Trace

I"m with you, Laila.  I don't know where to get the CSS code for the layout to even MAKE a new background.  Do we have to write this ourselves?  Cause if we do....I'm sunk...

Hi Everyone,

I'm on limited Internet access, helping with family member until Monday afternoon. But let me offer this. To utilize this tip, you really need to know how to design a theme using CSS. And, at a minimum, you will need to be able to copy/paste CSS code from an existing theme, save to a file with the file extension .css, and then upload that CSS file to your network via a blog. Be sure to click on the upload document/file icon. Take the URL of the uploaded file, and use that URL/path within the "link rel=..." code at top of tip.

Best,

Jen

thankyou so much for ur precious time. i would like to question u again sorry :P . i had made my profile css by simply copy pasting and it really looks great on profile. i try to do it with it. i copy all that css from my appearance and paste it in notepad and save it as mytitle.css file then i go to my group which i had made.(i am not owner of that networkning) i edit the text box and same procedure i had do as you mentioned in tip but when i click on save it did nothing to be changed.i am also having admin rights for that site.by owner :P.

then i did one thing more.

i put some other css code i-e

.xg_widget_groups #xg_masthead {background-image:url(your_image_url/bla.jpg) !important; }

and paste it in my profile css (the only css i got) i change my pic link in that and then save it to title.css but nothing again worked. now what should i do . do i need full rights instead of adminship? for a group? 

can you help me in this regard whenever u get time . plz. thanks sis sorry and pardon me for  my ignorance :)

and yes sorry this is my group link as u see it got some activity type thing

http://www.linkvi.com/group/ahlesunnahwaljumaat?xg_source=activity

I dont know if you still need help with this, as a newbie I can only offer a link to Mikes how to video! Maybe this will help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiY6UxhFnWw

Ughhh I did this  and tweo different site no work for me help :

This is css I uploaded for one  in the file 

Followed instructions only using the url and did not lol grr

Attachments:

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by JenSocial.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Home
VIP Ning Tips