Yipes, I just checked my email and I have 95 messages from Ning activity. All in just one hour. Granted, I joined a bunch of networks and groups. But hey, isn't that why we're here? So the question is this --- how do we stay informed of activity while not getting inundated with emails? Are we able to have our cake and eat it too, or do we have to choose one or the other? If we have to choose, how do we stop the flow of emails? I don't know what or where to look.
Thanks so much!

Views: 6

Replies to This Discussion

This is a problem with us all, l found that just clicking on "stop Following" will help. But you need to know which one to do this to. l also want to have updates but not everu time some one joined a group that l am in. If it is new discussions going on in a group then that's OK, but l can do with out the so and so joined these groups.l get over a hundred a day, and that is a headache.
Hello friend, Just read the message and if it is one you don't need to remember, press the message and then delete it. that is what I do. Right now I have 13,000. I need to start deleting myself since it is Sunday. I just remembered something, there is a place that says control email. I'll get back with you.
Always,
Janice http://breathtaking.ning.com
Unfortunately, it's very difficult. I get frustrated with how many of our members here on the Directory send out mass invites, often. It actually hurts this web site, therefore hurting theirs in the end. There are so many places to advertise on the Directory, no reason to use this site for sending invites, everyday. And, I am working relentlessly getting our name out to potential new site visitors. A lot of the work is done for me on that topic, due to the viral-ity of this site and all it's many topics (all the advertising). It’s awesome. All that advertising just increases our pages being picked up by Search Engines. But, WHY spam our friends daily? I don’t understand this. I don’t say much publicly. Because I don’t want to insult anyone. It’s a difficult thing to explain in print. And I know without a doubt, most people do not do this for any reason, but good reasons.

But, I do not agree with this practice. I send out invites to this site, but this site if for all Ning Network Creators. I have other sites, nothing to do with Network Creators. I NEVER send out invites to those sites. I work to increase my membership by joining places like this, the Directory. Adding keywords, working with my SEO (Search Engine Optimization) entries, create free press releases, pay for Directory listings, pay per click, create helpful widgets, join sites like FaceBook, Squidoo, Digg, etc…contribute to blogs and other Social Networking platforms, where my other Ning sites have something in common - - and the list goes on.

First, on any Ning Network you have joined, if you receive email notifications about a blog, forum or group, either turn all of those notifications off under "My Settings", Email. Or from within each email, click on "Stop Following this Group". You can always go to those, at your leisure.

In addition to turning off some email notifications, sad, but true Jeanette - - this is what I've started doing, out of no choice.
For friends who send me the same invite over and over, I either de-friend them, or I mark their emails as SPAM. What choice do we have?

Hope this makes any sense, LOL. Wrote in huge hurry. :-)

Hope this helps!
Jen

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by JenSocial.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Home
VIP Ning Tips