Several people have voiced concerns about using iframes to display Google Adsense, understandably. This is all news to me. So here is my disclaimer: Use At Your Own Risk!
I think it's the manner in which some people use iframes to display adsense, but not certain. My guess is as good as yours. The way I read it, if you're intentionally doing something underhanded like stuffing keywords, or for example adding words to do something like bring up sexy ads -- which unfortunately typically get more clicks. Since we have no option with Ning until July or after, I don't know any other way to do this, that I can explain here.I definitely will not take responsibility for anyone getting banned on this. I really cannot. If you have an Adsense account, you need to do your own research.
Network Creators often ask: "How do I put my Google Ads in the header?"
How To Add Google Ads or Other Content to Your Header:
- Create your HTML.
- For example, if you are adding Google Ads, copy/paste the code into a new HTML file. I usually wrap a DIV around my code, and I add a BODY tag with a white background. Here is the example of my Google Ad code (728 by 15) text links. This example is the entire HTML file.
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<title>Ning Directory - Directory of Ning Networks</title>
<body bgcolor=white><div align=center>
google_ad_client = "pub-3491017725492xxx";
/* 728x15, created 7/30/08 */
google_ad_slot = "9036396336";
google_ad_width = 728;
google_ad_height = 15;
- How to center content in your HTML - Within your external HTML, add a DIV with align=center, around your header content. See example HTML file above.
- Background color - the best way to set iframe background color: add the body tag to your external HTML, like in example above. This is an important step.
- After you have completed your HTML file, upload to your file server. If you don't have a file server, upload to your Ning Network via a Blog (be sure to click on document upload icon).
- When you upload to your blog, copy the HTML path. You must know the HTML path/URL.
- Now it's time to prepare your code for the Analytics box.
- Focusing on the example code below, replace the src="your.html" with your HTML file path.
- Adjust the iframe width and height to fit your HTML content area. For example, my Google Ad space is 728 by 15. For my Analytics Box code I will use width=735 and height=20. I want to allow for a few extra pixels, for proper spacing.
- After you make your edits, add the example code below, to your Analytics box - Manage/Analytics, and SAVE.
- For this example, we are adding the iframe after the Menu Navigation Bar. If you want to add above the menu, just change "after" to "before".
var ad_html = '<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="your.html" width="735px" height="20px"></iframe>';