Add GOTO Links Above Your Status Box "Quick Links"

This tip was inspired by the awesome Brian Fløe of MyAppleSpace.

First I attempted to add the links via the Language Editor, pulling all tricks out of my hat. I couldn't get it to format properly. Soooo, onto writing the script to insert the links via the Custom Code Box. This tip turned out to be more complex than I had expected. So please follow the instructions. If you alter the way I've written the code, you will experience issues like the links won't open or breaking the share links.

Prerequisites:

• This probably will not look good unless you have your Status Box in a wide column. I did not test narrow column.
  • You MUST have enough space in your Custom Code Box. I did not, and didn't have time to call in an external file.
  • If you ever added the tip code to "Make Sign-In Box Stand Out", you need to remove the .quickpost. Otherwise a shadow and border will be displayed around your new links and it won't look very professional.
  • If you have in fact used the tip for Sign-In/Out Box, make this change:

Change this line: #xg_module_account, .quickpost {
TO this: #xg_module_account {
If you think you installed the tip and can't find the code to change - - Search for this code:
/* Make Sign-In Box Stand Out */
#xg_module_account, .quickpost {
margin-bottom:6px;
-moz-box-shadow: 0 6px 12px #ababab;
-webkit-box-shadow: 0 6px 12px #ababab;
box-shadow: 0 6px 12px #ababab;
/* For IE 8 */
-ms-filter: "progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Shadow(Strength=4, Direction=135, Color='#ababab')"; }

Installation Instructions:

1. Go to My Network/Tools/Custom Code Box
  2. If you know HTML, you may want to change your links. Be careful not to alter the code, except your links.
  3. Note: Do not alter the special decimal code to display a "middle dot" between links. It looks like this: ·
  4. To make changes, edit the attached Text File: GOTO_Links_AboveShareLinks.txt
  5. Otherwise, just Copy/Paste all of the code from the attached text file and add to your Custom Code Box.
  6. Click on Save.
  7. Done.

Enjoy!

Let us know how it goes,

Jen

Views: 576

Replies to This Discussion

interesting I LIKE

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by JenSocial.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service