WOO HOO! We have a solution for How To Select 'Featured Members'.
1. Subscription Services Offered on your Profile Pages
2. Flat Fee of $99.95 for (lifetime of Directory) 'Featured Membership' - truly an awesome deal.
3. THE LATEST AND GREATEST: FEATURED MEMBER CONTEST! SEE THE FOLLOWING GROUP FOR DETAILS:
Contest Starts November 4, 2008!
Thanks to all of your creative ideas, we can close this Discussion. Thank you for everything! Be sure and check out the new Contest!
I sent this email out to all members. If you missed it, here it is. Please make your suggestions, by replying to this Discussion, below.
I need your Creative Ideas! I receive a lot of emails about whether or not a Community/Member is featured. As Network Creators, I'm sure all of you can relate. It's tough to keep this up, and fairly.
So, here's why I'm writing. I’m asking for your creative minds, to throw out ideas for how a Community gets ‘Featured‘. If we come up with something that brings more traffic and page views, that will help everyone. The only idea I’ve come up with is this: You place the Directory Logo (I will provide) and link on your site, send me an email, and you are featured. Is this what we should do? Or, do you have other ideas you would like to bring to the table? All ideas welcomed! The decision will be yours.
Please post your ideas in the Help Group at: http://theningdirectory.ning.com/group/helpsupport_eachother_ning_s...
I have created a Discussion called: How do we select ‘Featured Communities’?
Here’s Where We Are on ‘Featured’ Communities:
1. Tonight, all were removed temporarily, except Staff and subscribers.
2. We now offer ‘Guaranteed Placement‘, 2 subscription plans offered. Please see your Profile Pages for details. You may be interested in a Guarantee.
3. All Staff Members of the Directory are Featured, in exchange for helping out with the site.
As we gain subscribers for ‘Guaranteed Placement‘, they of course, will always come first.
I can't wait to hear your thoughts! How do we select ‘Featured’ Communities, aside from subscribers?
Best to you,
To-Date: Featuring any Network based on Banner Exchange will:
(1) Dilute the purpose of 'Featured', and
(2) In cases of low traffic, could actually hurt the Directory.
Let's brainstorm some more? Thank you for all your suggestions.