This code will allow you to have a scrollable "latest activity" module, so you can display more activities, and take up less space doing so.

xg_module, .xg_module_activity {
background: url();
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: center 0px;
width: 185;
height: 300px;
overflow : auto;
position:relative;
margin : 3px;
text-align : center;
font-size : 14px;
font-family : arial;
border:1px solid #000000;
}

Just adjust height and width to suit your needs.

Views: 468

Replies to This Discussion

This worked on other sites I have but for some reason want work with me with just a reg Ning theme, any one know why.
Tried it again and got it, Thanks

Women In Business said:
This worked on other sites I have but for some reason want work with me with just a reg Ning theme, any one know why.
Here's the code I use:
/* Scroll Bar for Latest Activity */
.xg_widget_main .xg_module_activity .xg_module_body {height: 500px;overflow : auto;position:relative;}

I believe they both work. Mine should only apply to the home page. I think I prefer code that doesn't change the default fonts, or alignment.
If you don't want those things changed, they are easily deleted. The codes I supply are meant for personal pages, although they can also be used on the main page.
I'm glad you clarified. I was about to test it, lol. I wanted to make sure yours was for the Profile Pages.

I'm about to add the home page version to Creators site. I think a lot of NCs would enjoy it, don't you?

Thanks for all your awesome tips. They are very much appreciated.
Best,
Jen
Try taking the width out...., or change it to automatic.
Hi Truckers and Friends,
I'm not sure what to suggest. I went to your site home page. I inserted this exact CSS:
.xg_widget_main .xg_module_activity .xg_module_body {height: 500px;overflow : auto;position:relative;}

And, it worked beautifully. Did you add to the bottom of your Advanced CSS? That might help.

BTW, you would remove the .xg_widget_main if you want to implement on profile pages, too.

Best,
Jen
I went to your page also, but did not see ANY scroll bars. I am guessing you took them out...

but, here is a shortened version of the same code.

.xg_module_activity .xg_module_body{
height: 300px;
overflow : auto;
position:relative;
}

This should not create horizontal scroll bars. I have never seen any with this code.

And I can see why people were having problems, since the . in front of the code seems to be missing. Jen, could you please edit my beginning post, if at all possible, and switch old code with this shorter code? I cannot seem to edit the first post.
Hi RC,
I didn't see any scroll bars on Truckers and Friends, until I installed it via FireFox. I wanted to test it, and see how it would run with their existing code.

On the editing, it's grayed-out, I can't edit it.

I noticed the missing period, and added a comment here, some time back. It obviously didn't "take". The comment is not here. So sorry for that. Sometimes when I'm signed into multiple networks, it appears a comment is posted, when in fact, it's not.

Best,
Jen
I also used to have this code on my NING NETWORK http://psycheland.ning.com

But this week i moved my network to grou.ps and on grou.ps this code doesnt work.

I wish to make my grou.ps site to look exactly the way my ning network did, so with the wide column on the left and a scrollbar in the activity stream.

Is there someone who can help me out?

This is my network on grou.ps http://grou.ps/psycheland

As you can see i don't have the wide column on the left as i had with my ning network. But i wish to do so but dont know how to.

Also i would like my latest activity stream the same (with scrollbar and background picture) as i had on my NING site. IS there anyone here who can help me with that?

PLEASE!!

Thanks a lot!!!
Hi Psycheland,
Unfortunately, it's apples and oranges. Ning has their unique style class names, and Grou.ps has theirs, and so forth with all unique and proprietary software platforms. It would take a special talent you would have to hire to make your Grou.ps look like your Ning. Wish I had better news.
Best,
Jen
Ah great, i just succeeded in switching the wide column to the left, simply by changing the width-variables, so i don't need help for that anymore.

I could use some help with the activitystream on my grou.ps site however to make it look exactly the same as on my ning network!

Hope there is someone who can help me with this!

Thanks,
Zohra

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by JenSocial.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Home
VIP Ning Tips