Has anyone successfully made ww.ShareThis.com social buttons work from inside the Ning html box? 

You have to add both code to the custom code box as well as the chosen html box.

On my network the html box is just blank ... blank blank blank ...as is my brain as to why it is so??

Tags: sharethis.com

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hmmm, not sure. To save time, could you attach both files? The script for Custom Code Box, and the code for the Text Box...

Best,

Jen

I forget how to add code to the Ning text editor. There is some kind of tag we can add before the code I believe. Adding actual text files is such a drag :)

Sorry Brian, I didn't see this reply until now, been having a horrible time with internet service this past week. I've missed a lot.

Not sure I can help without seeing the code. When you add the text box code to the text box, I assume you're clicking the html button?

Are you trying to add scripts to the text box? If yes, you may be talking about adding a simple DIV tag. Sometimes when scripts freak in a text box, wrapping it in a <DIV>content</DIV> fixes it.

Best,

Jen

<div> <span  class='st_facebook_vcount' displayText='Facebook'></span><span  class='st_twitter_vcount' displayText='Tweet'></span><span  class='st_stumbleupon_vcount' displayText='StumbleUpon'></span><span  class='st_plusone_vcount' ></span></div>

Isn't it strange that a big service like www.ShareThis.com does not work on a Ning network?

This goes in the analytics box:

<div>

<script type="text/javascript">var switchTo5x=true;</script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://w.sharethis.com/button/buttons.js"></script><script type="text/javascript">stLight.options({publisher:'0ae979b1-38ad-4ba2-a76c-0bb709bd46e4'});</script>

</div>

Brian,

I've been testing this for about 30 minutes. It's stripping the DIV, not the script. I added both to HTML. I'm not sure what it doesn't like. I even tried the old trick of adding a period before everything to trick Ning's parser, and it still strips the code.

Finally, I grabbed the classic code, and instead of the span, I used a DIV. That worked. You might be able to get your original code to work if you replace all SPAN tags with DIVs.

This classic code works, by changing the SPAN to DIV:

<div class='st_sharethis' displayText='ShareThis'></div>
<script type="text/javascript">var switchTo5x=false;</script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://w.sharethis.com/button/buttons.js"></script><script type="text/javascript">stLight.options({publisher:'779cd300-16bd-4fad-b7c5-56a51525ab6a'});</script>

Best Regards,

Jen

RSS

Blog Posts

A Picture May Be Worth 1000 Members

Posted by Laura Occhipinti on September 20, 2014 at 7:51pm 1 Comment

Take pictures at EVERY event that you host for your group.  Do not…

Continue

Members

© 2014   Created by JenSocial.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Home
VIP Ning Tips