Scrollable Latest Activity / Scroll Through Latest Activity On Home Page / Profile Pages

I'm not too much into the scrolling comments walls, and such. But this particular little tweak, I like a lot. It will add a vertical scroll bar to your Latest Activity module on the home page. If you only have 4 postings selected, the bar may not show up with 500 height. You can adjust the height to suit your preference.

Add this CSS to Manage/Appearance/Advanced CSS, at bottom.

/* Scroll Bar for Latest Activity */
.xg_widget_main .xg_module_activity .xg_module_body {height: 500px;overflow : auto;position:relative;}

To scroll your Latest Activity on Member Profiles too, just remove the main page class, like this:
.xg_module_activity .xg_module_body {height: 500px;overflow : auto;position:relative;}

Views: 990

Replies to This Discussion

YES!!! Jen, you're a genius. It looks great! Not working on my profile page, but at least it declutters the main page!
For some reason there was no reply box for your last post.

That's great news!

To scroll your Latest Activity on Member Profiles too, just remove the main page class, like this:
.xg_module_activity .xg_module_body {height: 500px;overflow : auto;position:relative;}
Oh, yes, terrific! You've made my evening totally worthwhile. :)
That's great to hear, Scribblerati!
Could I do this for the notes section on my home page as well?
I would imagine you could. When I have time, I'll test it out, and let you know.
Best,
Jen
I think this will work. I decided I'd better do it now, might forget.

.xg_widget_main .module_notes .xg_module_body {height: 500px;overflow : auto;position:relative;}
Awesome. Since finding the Ning group my cycling club is really stoked about al the interactivity provided. It really has breathed life in to the site. Thanks again.
This worked out beautifully for my network! :D
naplesvelo.ning.com and The Starseed Community!
That's great to hear!
;-)
I believe you found it. But for anyone else reading this, the tip is here:
http://jensocial.com/group/ningnetworktips/forum/topics/scroll-bar-...

Best,
Jen

Hello Jen,

I have used the scroll code as follows:

xg_widget_main .xg_module_activity .xg_module_body {height: 500px;overflow : auto;position:relative;}

I have the Latest Activity module on the right panel of our site so that it will appear on every page. However, once I leave the main page the Scrollbar is no longer active (that is, it is not visible on any other page expect the main page).

Is there a remedy for this (without our members own pages being effected - i.e. I do not want their latest activity to have a scrollbar on their own page)?

Thank you for your time and help,

Kind regards,
Alex

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by JenSocial.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Home
VIP Ning Tips