Hey Jen,

You are always my first resource with all things NING.. however, I did post this question on creators... My site is a site for you know various writers.... it used to be no problem to embed a song into a blog page. Now  it doesn't work... is there any work around for this..? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Views: 244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I read your discussion Creators. A link like you provided should have never worked on Ning or any site. You need the actual embed code if that exists. Only problem, not sure the Blog module accepts embedded code. Youtube would be a good test.

Best Regards,

Jen

Hey sweetheart, I guess I didn't explain this very well in either site.. and for that I apologize. I am decent enough at HTML CSS and Javascript... I know the code for embedding audio into pages. However, I think my question was really why is this....( Oh and BTW I just provided the link so the person asking what kind of file it was... (which I new didn't have much to do with what I was asking other than if they had some kind of work around I could put into my CCbox) Anyhow.. I am running into two baffling things... and this maybe because of what NING allows....(1) No matter what I do in a blog I can't make the background an image.. not through a div command or building it in table... or embedding a song or media on the page itself .... So if there is some kind of work around that I can install great... Or is this just limitations set by ning in the blog section. If I can't do these things.. I need to know... My members at Minds-Eye were able to do all of this in their blogs at one point.. and now can't.... Since I have been with Apollo... no one has asked... I guess they just gave up... but it was brought up on my site again about how limited the new blogging is with their poetry. I just want to find a solution. Thanks again honey for your time.

Hi,

I wondered about that, thought you were a designer/coder. =) I thought Ning took away the ability to add embedded code/script into our blog pages, except by Admins. I stay confused on where code is allowed/disallowed, and always have to test it as a regular member to be reminded.

TEST - Adding YouTube "iFrame Code" and "Embedded Code" to a Blog Post

My Test - NING 2.0:

• I signed in as regular member.
  • I grabbed some YouTube embedded code.
  • I added to a new blog post via HTML.
  • It worked fine.
  • I also tested YouTube iFrame code. Again, worked fine.

My Test - NING 3.0:

• I signed in as regular member.
  • I grabbed some YouTube embedded code.
  • I added to a new blog post via HTML.
  • It worked fine.
  • I also tested YouTube iFrame code. IT DID NOT WORK FINE. When I added iFrame code, the entire Ning site is iFramed. NING TEAM: This is a bug.

END OF TEST

Maybe the code you're using is different, not sure. I would try YouTube code just to see. Ning needs to fix the iFrame code bug in 3.0. I'll copy/paste this answer to Creators, too.

Best,

Jen

It does allow you tube embedded code through the media upload function... Here is where I run into a problem...

These people write their blogs in HTML so they can post it in different places. So when they take their HTML and put it into the NING 2.0 HTML blog editor... It's player shows but the file is blank and doesn't play anything. I am pretty sure You tube videos isn't a problem these are audio files uploaded to a server. (basically just grans the link to play it within the player) I don't think NING is allowing that in the blog editor section for members... Pages can produce this.. but I don't allow members to create pages for their personal stuff on my network obviously. LOL ... Ooh that would be a mess.

Anyhow, that's the nitty gritty of it... Just kind of weird they changed that... it wasn't a great change for me and my members personally.... I hope there is a way I can find a solution around it.

:D ~Shay

That is odd. Hope you get it worked out.

Best,

Jen

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by JenSocial.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Home
VIP Ning Tips