I May Be Done With Toolbars on a Ning Network! What's Your Experience?

I May Be Done With Toolbars on a Ning Network!

I'll keep you all posted, and this is not the first time I've had to resort to removing external toolbars.  I may very well be done with Toolbars on a Ning Network.

When typing, I've noticed a delayed response for a day or so, and thought it was my computer. I've noticed a drop in traffic. Even my laptop has gotten extra hot from constantly churning. No darn wonder! I am incredibly irritated about this. Course, smashing my finger earlier today on a steel door, and working too many hours - - probably accounts for some of my irritability. ;-)

These toolbars run just fine on my other sites (not Ning).

I just removed both Toolbars, and the site is running much faster. There are some features in these toolbars that are important. So, not sure how I'll move forward. But for now, all gone. I am also sure that Ning Networks are running slower than usual, for whatever reason! So, the combination is no fun for anyone. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

What is your experience? Please join the Conversation. I would love to hear specific details. Tell us if you've experienced issues here (and I'm sure you have in the past 48 hours), issues on your site, what toolbars, etc...

Thanks in advance for your input!

Best Regards,
Jen

Views: 570

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, was just about to write you back. ;-) Sorry for the inconvenience on this, and I know what you mean on trouble. Although I really love the features and combination in both, I think the 2 toolbars slow things down too much. I'm working on an Member Connection page, where they will both be available. And who knows, maybe some day when I feel the Ning platform can handle it, I'll add both back to all pages. I love to hear input about this. So anyone reading, please share your thoughts.
Thanks,
Jen
UPDATE:
I'm really growing weary with toolbar issues. Skysa was timing the site out on http://tools.pingdom.com. I removed it, once again.
I've never had any good experiences with ANY toolbars.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by JenSocial.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Home
VIP Ning Tips