This can get tricky. It all depends on how you add your header logo, i.e. upload via All Options (Header Image or Network Logo), or if you add via Advanced CSS.

The safest bet is to create an image with a width of 955 pixels. This enables you to get all your centering done within your image.

Otherwise, if you uploaded your header via "Manage/Appearance/All Options/Network Logo", you should be able to add this code to Advanced CSS, and center your logo.
#xg_masthead p#xg_sitename { text-align:center!important; }

If this doesn't work for you, let me know. Leave your URL, and I'll try to add your particular "case" example.

Views: 1136

Replies to This Discussion

Your code is correct. I tested in Firebug, and it works for me - - both centered. Maybe try placing code at bottom of Advanced CSS. Also, make sure you have no errors in all CSS, like a missing } bracket.
Best,
Jen
Putting it at the bottom of the page helped.
Thanks.
it doesnt center my logo http://www.gbooza.com
Hi Forbes,
This actually works in your case. It's not working for you because you have an error in your Advanced CSS. You are missing a right curly bracket on your last style. Just end it with
}
Then add the code above.
Hope that helps,
Jen
i did that,and it centered.but its not steady.when i click heading tabs it centre.when i click home"start",it return.Is that normal?
No, not normal. You probably have another glitch in your CSS. Be sure to look at each line of code and make sure there are no more missing }.

Wait, also, it could be your cache hasn't caught up yet. Did you refresh the screen with F5? Try that for sure.

Good luck,
Jen
Another thing to check for, make sure you don't have the same code as above - - somewhere else in your CSS and maybe a contradiction of styles.
when i sign-in,its fine.when i sign-out,it return to original position.i dont have same code.i added it at the bottom not at the beginning of Advance CSS,does that make any difference?
its okay now.thanks alot!
Okay, that's good news. Just FYI: Most of the time when you change CSS on Ning, and sign out - - you will see the older code version. It takes about 20-30 minutes sometimes for the cache to clear up.
wow i was about to ask for help, but after looking at the code i realized it was to long i edited it and now it works ty jen ur the best i love ur site so much!
Thanks! Happy to hear it helped.
;-)

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by JenSocial.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Home
VIP Ning Tips