You can add a quick message below or above your main menu tabs, by adding this code to your Analytics Box. This is a nice way to leave a daily message for your members. You can add text, images and hyperlinks, but javascript won't work - - to-date.

Note: This tip is similar to our previous tip for adding Text Message below the menu. But, this is cleaner, and also enables you to add Text above the menu tabs.

Please be sure to copy/paste with care. Do not change anything but your text. Make sure there is no line feed (return) before the end /DIV>'); tag.

You will find an attached text file for each case.

Here's the code if you can't see the attached text files.

Above Menu Bar:
<script type="text/javascript">
x$(document).ready(function() {
// Insert a DIV Before the Navigation/Menu Bar module:
x$("#xg_navigation").before('<div align="center" class="xg_module">Add Your Text Here.</div>');
});
</script>

Below Menu Bar:
// Insert a DIV After the Navigation/Menu Bar module:
x$("#xg_navigation").after('<div align="center" class="xg_module">Add Your Text Here.</div>');
});
</script>

Views: 379

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Adrian,
No, just adding the marquee code will not work, due to the way the code is being interjected. You would need to add the marquee code to an HTML file, and call the HTML into an iframe, via the Analytics box - - too much custom for me to explain it in general.

However, I do have a tip here, that explains how to pull in an external HTML, using an iframe, in the Analytics box. I have 2 tips on the site, but I feel this one is the most detailed. You would replace the Google Ad code in HTML example, with your marquee code - - and follow all directions.
http://theningdirectory.ning.com/group/ningnetworktips/forum/topics...

Good luck and have fun,
Jen
So complicated to some NC . I am working on a software that can simplify jQuery coding and you can simply edit , add and update your codes with the only a few clicks .
Sounds exciting!
;-)
I got it.......m so glad....it was so easy and I was simply breaking my head...lols

thanks guys,

Cheers
hm the before one is working for me but moves my entire navigation down and the after one is not working at all and thats the one I really would have loved on Successful Women Network (between header and body) What am I doing wrong, Jen? Does it have something to do with my navbar being moved via CSS for the animated banner header?
I think so, yes. It's due to the special CSS for your animated header.

Try this code:
x$("#xg_navigation").after('<div align="center" class="xg_module" style="margin-top:-40px!important;>Add Your Text Here.</div>');
});
</script>

Change the -40 as needed. That pulls the text up, towards the menu navigation.

Best,
Jen
PERFECT!!! you are so awesome Jen!!!
I did try to enter a link there but I assume it doesnt take links just plain text?
You should be able to add a link - - I'll test in a few minutes.

Glad the placement worked.
yes Im glad too I tried adding my network link such as SWN just to test it but it didnt take it at all. It displays my networks name but not as a clickable link
OMGosh, I thought this was not working due to overlap from invisible flash header, in fact, wrote that here, and just deleted what I wrote. But, I really felt something wasn't quite right. And it wasn't!!!!!!! Look at the code I gave you. I left out the ending right quote! Try this code. Facebook and Twitter links are included in example.

x$("#xg_navigation").after('<div align="center" class="xg_module" style="margin-top:-40px!important;">Visit us on <a href="http://www.facebook.com/your_facebook" target="_blank">Facebook</a> and <a href="http://twitter.com/your_twitter" target="_blank">Twitter</a>.</div>');
});
</script>
Yay Jen you ROCK! It works like a charm :)

now I just have to find a way to have more room in my analytics box lol I only have 70 characters left until its full
What a nightmare, LOL. Look on end of discussion for final answer. I left out an ending quote, after I added the top:-40px!important;

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by JenSocial.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Home
VIP Ning Tips